Jan 4, 2011 continued---Pizza night---a slight deviation

Ok, to be honest, the fail was in regards to having pizza!  I have an admission that I am a moderate planner/grocery shopper.  I try to plan and grocery shop efficiently, but sometimes I slip up.  Tonight, wasn't an exception.  Yeah for giving myself grace, because I was truly geared to making pizza and using two of my pieces of cookery.

Instead, tonight we had enchiladas.



Que delicioso!  I pulled out three different beasts from the depths that I don't normally pull out:  1) a device highly-infomercialized in the 90's called the Turbo Cooker (which is basically a wok with a flat bottom and a domed, steam-vented lid), 2) my Cuisinart Food Processor, and 3) my new Seal-a-meal.  So, instead of the turbo cooker you could just use a stock pot (it needs to be deep), instead of the foot processor....a knife  (or shredder),and  instead of the Seal-a-meal you could simply use a plastic baggy.

I modified a version of a diet recipe I found once for the enchiladas.  We also had broccoli (fresh-->boiled), tortillas and black-bean dip while the children had quesadillas.  I'm s t u f f e d but happy to play with gadgets:)

Victory, day number 4.

Wondermom

1 comment: